The aim of this unit is to develop learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to prevent the spread of infection and how to work safely.
This program develops knowledge on the importance of social responsibility, the causes, transmission and effects of infection and the methods used to control transmission, such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This program helps learners understanding of the safe working practices required to protect themselves and their clients.
This program consists of several units and is an online course. Lessons are taken at your own pace and are compulsory.
- How infection can spread
- Chain of infection
- Social responsibility
- Health and well being of staff and clients
- Breaking the chain of infection
- workplace standard infection control procedures
- The role of risk assessment in the work place
- Social Distancing
- Respiratory hygiene
- Recommended PPE and correct use
- Hand hygiene
- Personal Hygiene
- Potential Hazards and Risks
- Safe and hygienic standard practices
- Decontamination when necessary
- Management of linen and waste
Learners must complete a theory examination for this unit. This will consist of a multiple choice question paper which is available online, when students are ready.
This program is compulsory for all students taking ITEC qualifications and is recommended to be taken for all students taking other qualifications.