Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the CIBTAC Diet and Nutrition for the Complementary Therapist is to enable Candidates to provide healthy eating advice for their clients whom they already treated for another therapy for the purpose of improving health and lifestyle.
Total recommended guided learning hours for units is 100
It also aims:
- to provide skills at Level 3 in the National Qualification Framework for those interested in the Complementary Therapy/Care Industry
- to provide opportunities for staff in the Complementary Therapy/ Care Industry to gain a Level 3 qualification
- to sustain the interest of Candidates wanting to work in the Complementary Therapy Industry
- to encourage knowledge and understanding for the Complementary Therapy/Care Industry at Level 3
- to provide opportunities for Candidates to focus on the development of the major Key Skills and the wider Key Skills in a Therapy context such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
Assessment is done through case studies and an online exam, taken in our classroom
Recommended Prior Learning
It is recommended that Candidates should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*- C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Therapists. However, exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place
Candidates must hold the pre-requisite of a therapy qualification
Courses offered throughout the year
Timings will be advised, regular classroom sessions are once a week, 9am to 1pm for 5 weeks, you then go away and conduct your case studies for one month, we then have 2 more classes before taking the exam.