Equal opportunity/Equality Policy
It is our policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of:
• Gender, including gender reassignment
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All job applicants, learner applications, employees and others who work for and with us will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds.
Decisions about recruitment and selection, promotion, training or any other benefit will be made objectively and without unlawful discrimination.
We recognize that the provision of equal opportunities in the workplace and our education training Centre, is not only good management practice, it also makes sound business sense. Our equal opportunities policy will help all those who work for us to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilized fully to maximize the efficiency of the organization.
2 Policy Scope
This policy applies to all Healing Zone Training Centreemployees and future employees.
3 Equality commitments
We are committed to:
• Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
• Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect
• Preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimization
• Fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
• Complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
• Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
• Regarding all breaches of equal opportunities policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
The Healing Zone training Centre Principal has specific responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy.
All our employees are to abide by the policy and help create the equality environment which is its objective. All employees will promote the policy in all aspects of their own service delivery and in their working relationships with partners.
In order to implement this policy, we shall:
• Communicate the policy to employees, job applicants and relevant others (such as contract or agency workers)
• Incorporate specific and appropriate duties in respect of implementing the equal opportunities policy into job
• Provide equality training and guidance as appropriate, including training on induction and management courses.
• Ensure that those who are involved in assessing candidates for recruitment or promotion will be trained in non-discriminatory selection techniques
• Incorporate equal opportunities notices into general communications practices (eg, staff newsletters, intranet)
• Obtain commitments from other persons or organizations such as subcontractors or agencies that they too will comply with the policy in their dealings with our organization and our workforce
• Ensure that adequate resources are made available to fulfil the objectives of the policy.
5 Monitoring and review
We will establish appropriate information and monitoring systems to assist the effective implementation of our equal opportunities policy. The effectiveness of our equal opportunities policy will be reviewed annually, in consultation with Unite the union, and action or alterations to the policy will be taken as necessary.
Employees who believe that they have suffered any form of discrimination, harassment or victimization are entitled to raise the matter through the agreed grievance procedure.
All complaints of discrimination will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially. In addition to our internal procedures, employees have the right to pursue complaints of discrimination to an industrial tribunal or the Fair Employment Tribunal under the following anti-discrimination legislation:
However, employees wishing to make a complaint to a tribunal will normally be required to raise their complaint under our internal grievance procedures first.
Every effort will be made to ensure that employees who make complaints will not be victimized.
Any complaint of victimization will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
Victimization will result in disciplinary action and may warrant dismissal.